What is it with the trends this fall that I find highly appealing? I think this is the first time in many years, that I want what I see coming out. High five to the fashion industry this time! So far, I am diggin’ everything from the styles, to the colors, and the trends that are in this season. Here are the latest fall trends of 2015, that I can appreciate:
1. Denim on Denim and Denim, Period: I have to say, that JLo did this best way before this became a trend. She wore it first, with a thin, denim button up, tucked into her skinny jeans. So far, this has been my most popular pin, believe it or not, so we know people are loving this look, and it helps that she just knows how to work it. Check her out here. Besides the fact that denim on denim is pretty popular this fall, I have been seeing a lot of denim everywhere, including denim skirts, and of course the ever so popular denim shirt. One of my favorite looks is of a denim shirt tucked into a flirty skirt. Definitely a must buy for fall.
2. Long Vests: Oh this is probably my favorite piece for the season so far. I even have a pattern for a long sleeveless vest, that I have yet to make, but if I have to, I will bring it out and make me something for fall. When I write “vest,” I don’t mean it needs to button up. My favorite vests are knitted, and one of my favorite looks of all time is a long vest with a maxi dress, and boots.
3. Whites and Creams: Whites were quite popular during the summer but looks like it is here for another season. Oh, and how I have wanted to get my hands on, and body in a good pair of white jeans. As for creams, I feel that it is fitting for fall and winter. It is a color that can be paired perfectly with some of the more traditional fall colors, as well.
4. Fringe: I have seen fringe everywhere from purses to dresses, and at first, I didn’t like it, but now it is really growing on me.
What I could have done without is the 70’s inspired looks, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be cute and stylish:
1. 70’s Vibes: Have you noticed that flares are back in with a bang? There is an abundance of high waist flares, but also plenty of mid-rise. I will be honest, I own a few flares from the last time they were in style, but they are not my go to pants/jeans. I am still a huge fan of skinny jeans (that don’t cut your circulation off), because that is what makes me feel sexy. However, flared pants with a button up shirt, that you may or may not tuck in, is a good look (even I have to say that it is a sharp look). Don’t forget that you can pair it with the denim shirt!
These are the trends that have caught my eye. Which ones have caught yours? Let me know in the comments.1 Like!